Thing 4…Blogging

I have to say that I knew that blogging was interaction with others on the same or a similar subject, but I never realized the extent to which it can be used. I understand that blogging requires reading…but it also encompasses so many other things. As stated in the Lesson on Thing 4  ” Blogging is more than writing. Blogging is reading, reflecting, questioning, researching, synthesizing, linking, conversing, teaching, sharing and expressing ideas. Blogging is about writing, but blogging begins with reading.”  I  am starting to realize this even more and more as we go. The more that we read about a particular subject, the more points of view we see, the more educated we become!

I also get to include a link, which I have to tell you is way out of my comfort zone. But I think I can do it. I will use the blog about the Letters of Gratitude. What a touching story of inspiration and character education. I have a favorite quote by Aristotle : “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.”… that pretty much sums up how I feel about education.

Another one of my favorite blogs was the one about Homework. Uggg….It is so true and it is one of those things that as a teachers,  we feel is necessary, but as a parent, it feels like it is unnecessary! I hate to give homework because the students that really, really need it , don’t do it!! It is so frustrating!!

Before i knoew what my particular Task was going to be, I made notes of all the links, and videos that were used in the blogs to teach and inform you just a little bit more on the subject. What an incredible learning tool to be able to use in education! To interact with people all over the world on a particular subject and get different objectives.

Last, I really appreciated the blog on Creating Lifelong Learners. This brings me back to Thing 1 and the 7 1/2 Habits…Having FUN. He uses a lot of visual, props and entertaining to engage his students in learning. He used sound effects to keep things going when it may be a little boring and he showed ways to enhance new vocabulary. You can bookmark the sound effects board if you would like!

All in all, blogging is just creating your thoughts and ideas, putting them into text and sharing with others!

One thought on “Thing 4…Blogging